Straight behind the Sultan`s library, through a couple of big wooden doors on an ad hoc origin by way of a massive key that tight from his wrist to his elbow, but now the museum has more standard scheduled opening hours (daily 09.00-13.00 and 14.00-16.45 in winter, 09.00-14.00 in summer) and a regular guardian to receive your cash. Inside this Venetian nobleman’s residence, the English colonial leaders, with their love of antiquities, got together remains of stonework from Lefkosa`s ancient palaces and churches. Miserably, the place is at the moment little more than a store for all manner of carved stone, covering all eras and types, from gargoyles to headstones to Corinthian capitals, stacked one on top of the other against every wall. In the open yard, is the most interesting display, the kindly diverting Gothic stone tracery window in "Gothic Flamboyant" style, lined with a face on both sides, which figured the centrepiece of the back yard. This is the last existing remains of the Lusignan palace which once stood on the site of the government offices next to the Venetian column in Ataturk Square, near the Saray Hotel. The Turks modified it for their use and described it the Serail or Palace. A voyager in 1845 described it as "a poor crumbling lumber chest, with hanging doors, rotten floors, and paper window panes", and so when it fell into entire abandonment, only the Crusader stonework remained in one piece. The museum will be of most interest to architecture fans – anyone else would be well suggested to keep both their time and lira for something more valuable.